Tourism Attraction

34984736_2061215374200809_4616547848392015872_nThis is traditional mud-walled architecture which was built in 1905 as a home of Sir Hans Vischer, was from Basel, Switzerland(1876 – 1945) a Teacher who contributed to the Nigeria’s Education system during colonial times. He was appointed Director of Education for Northern Nigeria by the colonial authorities and by 1914 had established over 1,000 primary schools in the north including one in the grounds of the house. He was known as “Dan Hausa” “son of Hausa” because he spoke the language so well. Today the house is an interesting museum.

 

Dala

 

gm

Emir P

Zoo